One of the biggest challenges faced by the users of the best golf GPS is to understand the golf course overview feature. Some of the basic tasks which need to be performed are the counting and analysis of individual holes, enabling green views, distance measurement, score tracking, handicap detection as well as location and shot analysis. If you are using the GPS device for the first time, the golf GPS reviews can help you in understanding the basic technical and functional features. Once you are familiar with these parameters you can think of buying the best golf GPS for your personal use. The golf GPS buying guide can help you in choosing the right model with all the required features.
Features of the Best Golf GPS
- Keeping scores is one of the primary tasks of the best golf GPS. The device works like a scorecard for tracking the strokes under par. This includes birdies, eagles and bogeys etc. Besides the device can also track the number of penalties when you hit the ball into water, lose a ball or hit the ball out of the designated area. At the end of the game you get calculated scores. You can use the device for match scoring, stable-ford scoring, skins scoring and handicap scoring etc.
- Hole location saving is an option which you can sue for future reference. This feature is usually made available with the help of a map.
- Often you need to measure the distance covered by your shot. This is a simple feature which allows you to save the data also. After hitting the ball from your current location you need to hold the measuring button while walking up to the current location of the ball. The distance is automatically calculated and displayed.
- You know about the average standard distance for each club you use like the 7-iron-140yards, 8-iron-130 yards, 9-iron-120 yards etc. When you strike the ball it may not go that far every time. The best golf GPS has inbuilt features which help you in measuring the average distance scored for each club during a single session along with the individual distance scores. This data can be clubbed with swing tracking to give you complete analysis of the link between the two. You can use this analytical data and consult your coach for improving your swing and shot selection skills during the training sessions.
- Visual charts are the best ways to analyze the effectiveness and the limitations of your swings. Read through the golf GPS reviews to select the best golf GPS Swing analyzer. If you are finding one specific swing type to be problematic for you, you can let the device track that specific swing over a period of time. Then you can use the analyzer feature to compare your swings with the professional standards. This data will help you in rectifying your mistakes during the training period. Consistent tracking can also help you in improvising your swing techniques. In order to get the best golf GPS to fulfill all your needs, read through golf GPS buying guide.