The process of home beautification begins with your friendly painter decorator for interior and exterior painting services. Regardless of the size and number of rooms in your home, you need a plan and cost estimation. Your service provider will be able to give you an accurate quote based in the inspection and analysis he makes in his first visit. You can compare it with other service providers or from the online cost calculator for your home. Once you are happy with the quote you can give a go ahead confirmation to him so that he can proceed.
Selection of Materials by the Painter Decorator
You can select the most optimum types and colors of paints for your interiors and exteriors based on your preference. You can also take suggestions from the painter decorator to give you better options. There are also other sources from where you can get ideas for color and type of paint. First one is based on the interior design patterns and the second one is based on color psychology principles.
- The selection of colors based on the interior design concepts is derived from aesthetics and beautification factors. For example you can choose red, green, grey, dark blue or plain white. Red is supposed to be from the artistic perspective. Green is naturally for environment friendliness. Grey is supposed to provide an experience of depth. Blue is a representative of royalty and white is for absolute peace and calm. The concept here is purely relational. Your concept could be entirely different when it comes to color psychology. The recommended colors for living room are green, red, dark blue or yellow. In this case the two approaches are only slightly different.
- Selection of paint type could be based on the type of surface. Recommended types for external walls are masonry water paint, exterior latex or enamel. For interiors the choice could be from latex, aluminum paint (near fire places, ovens, heaters etc) or oil based paints. Similarly you can choose epoxy for wood and spray paints for metal surfaces.
- Selection of primers can be from oil or water based formula. The oil based primer can be useful for instant removal of stains like smoke, oil, grease etc. You will be able to clean the painted surface with a wet cloth and it gets cleaned. Water based primers are suggested for chalky types of surfaces.
- Sealers are the materials used for giving a grip to the painting on the surface. They produce the most optimum results when they are mixed with the paint. There are many types of sealers which are based on shellac, resistance to stain etc.
- Varnishes produce glossy effects on wooden material surfaces. Most of them are oil based and they are recommended for exterior surfaces mostly.
- Finishing products could be glazing paint, clear coats, culture paste etc. They are used to bring glossy and shining effects to the painted surfaces by the by the painter decorator. If you wish to have near 3-D effects on the interiors, you can opt for sculpture paste from your painter decorator.